Tours and Programs
Welcome back — we’ve missed you!
Hawaiian Mission Houses is excited to welcome the community back to our site beginning Tuesday, July 14, by reservation only! Please reference the following to schedule your first re-opening visit:
Historic House Tours: Tours will be held Tuesdays and Fridays at 11a and 1p, and Saturdays 11a, 1p and 3p. Tickets are free for kama‘āina for the first month! There will be a five person maximum, and tours may be booked as combined groups or requested as private (limited to visitors from one household). Use of masks inside, hand sanitizer and temperature scans at the door will be required. There will be no walk-in tour bookings at this time. Reserve tickets at least 24 hours in advance at https://www.missionhouses.org/tours-and-programs
*If you have an ‘ohana group that is larger than five people, please call about tour possibilities. (808) 447-3910
Perspectives Tours: Hawaiian Mission Houses will continue offering its three new “Perspectives” tours started last year, offering deeper insights into the site from historical, architectural, and Native Hawaiian perspectives. Offered once a week, each of these tours will be given virtually and require pre-reservation. Reserve tickets at least 24 hours in advance at https://www.missionhouses.org/special-tours
Gift Shop: The Gift Shop will be open for walk-in shopping Tuesdays and Fridays 10:30am to 2:30pm and Saturdays 10:30am to 3pm. The store has a maximum capacity of 6 people to maintain social distancing, so please be aware we may need to ask visitors to wait outside to limit store capacity. Use of masks inside and hand sanitizer at the door will be required. Online order pick-up will also be available during these times. Place orders at https://www.missionhouses.org/gift-shop/
Virtual School Tours: Hawaiian Mission Houses is honored to have received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to convert our School Tours into a virtual format. We have already piloted these programs, in both ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i and English, during the 2020 Summer and are happy to schedule Virtual School Tours now or for the 2020-21 school year. Contact School Programs Coordinator Yvonne Manipon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our new reality has shaped some new procedures at Hawaiian Mission Houses, in order to keep visitors and staff safe as we invite you back to our beautiful campus. Please be aware of the following requirements for visiting:
● Cloth face covering will be required while on campus.
● Observe social distancing at all times, keep at least a six foot distance between yourself and others.
● Use of hand sanitizer will be required before entering any interior space at Hawaiian Mission Houses.
● Tour ticket holders will have a temperature scan performed before the tour begins.
● Please do not visit if you have had contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
● Please do not visit if you have traveled outside of Hawaii within the last 14 days.
● Please do not visit if you are feeling ill or have any of the following symptoms or are taking medication to alleviate the following symptoms:
○ Fever, sore throat, new cough and congestion, headache, runny nose, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, loss of taste or smell, tiredness/fatigue, muscle ache, chest pain/pressure.
Thank you for staying connected with Hawaiian Mission Houses during the past months while our site was temporarily closed.
For the full site re-opening policies and procedures click HERE