Welcome back — we’ve missed you!
Hawaiian Mission Houses is excited to welcome the community back to our site beginning Tuesday, July 14, by reservation only! Please reference the following to schedule your first re-opening visit:
Virtual School Tours: Hawaiian Mission Houses is honored to have received a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities to convert our School Tours into a virtual format. We have already piloted these programs, in both ‘ōlelo Hawai‘i and English, during the 2020 Summer and are happy to schedule Virtual School Tours now or for the 2020-21 school year. Contact School Programs Coordinator Yvonne Manipon at email@example.com for more information.
Our new reality has shaped some new procedures at Hawaiian Mission Houses, in order to keep visitors and staff safe as we invite you back to our beautiful campus. Please be aware of the following requirements for visiting:
● Cloth face covering will be required while on campus.
● Observe social distancing at all times, keep at least a six foot distance between yourself and others.
● Use of hand sanitizer will be required before entering any interior space at Hawaiian Mission Houses.
● Tour ticket holders will have a temperature scan performed before the tour begins.
● Please do not visit if you have had contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
● Please do not visit if you have traveled outside of Hawaii within the last 14 days.
● Please do not visit if you are feeling ill or have any of the following symptoms or are taking medication to alleviate the following symptoms:
○ Fever, sore throat, new cough and congestion, headache, runny nose, shortness of breath, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, loss of taste or smell, tiredness/fatigue, muscle ache, chest pain/pressure.
Thank you for staying connected with Hawaiian Mission Houses during the past months while our site was temporarily closed. We hope you have enjoyed the daily “Connecting With History” feature on our website and social media, as well as our Cemetery Pupu Theatre performance of “Woman’s Triumph: Celebrating 100 Years of the 19th Amendment” online.
To read the full site re-opening policies and procedures click HERE.
Growing Together. Explore. Listen. Learn. Imagine.
E Komo Mai, developing young minds!
Hawaiian Mission Houses is pleased to offer a variety of learning experiences for students of all ages. Our school tours and enhanced outreach materials are designed to engage students using historical objects and primary sources to build critical thinking skills.
Tours at the Hawaiian Mission Houses can feature hands-on activities that are integrated into the tours, so that each program includes activities appropriate for students of all ages. While we give age-level suggestions for the programs offered at Hawaiian Mission Houses, we are happy to work with educators to adapt the Historic Site’s programs to their students’ grade level when possible.
Besides offering programs that are engaging and hands-on, the Hawaiian Mission Houses continues to be the only place in Hawai`i where students can actually learn about early 19th century American history in an authentic setting. As an added bonus, the museum offers a variety of changing exhibitions each year.
Whether it’s one of our ongoing programs or a program related to our changing exhibitions, Hawaiian Mission Houses is committed to helping your students connect with and understand the topics critical to making Hawai`i what it is today. We hope you will visit us soon!